Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Gastric Bypass Update and the dreadful belly shot *gasp*

I had Roux-en-Y Gastric Bypass surgery done in August of 2012. Nine months later I had to have my gallbladder taken out three days after my birthday (kind of sucked.) I kept my surgery a secret because I always thought it was something to be ashamed of. I thought people would think I had "taken the easy way out." Let me tell you now. It has not been easy. The surgery is only a tool. Like going to the gym, it only works if you put in the effort to make it work. 

I have hit a plateau. Nothing seems to be working. But, I know that I cannot give up because if I do then all of the obstacles I have overcome thus far would go to waste. I would fall down that ladder and the weight would pile on. But, I am not going to and this is why. 

I have lost 70% of my excess body fat. I was only ever expected to lose maybe 60%. I don't want to give that up, ever. Now lets get more into the update part. 

I have lost 70% of my weight and I am currently sitting at about 150 pounds or so as it changes from day to day. My overall go is to get to 115 pounds. So far the only real issues I have had is my gallbladder. I got it removed in May of 2013 because it was filled with stones. Fast forward to the present, I still get "Phantom Gallbladder Attacks." Those hurt so bad sometimes I go without really eating for a few days. 

Skin, hair and nails are another thing I always worry about but so far all of those things are pretty dang good. My skin as a bit loose. It looks the worst on my arms and belly. My bum and thighs look fine. No extra skin in those areas. My hair is currently growing at a normal rate. I bleached my hair in early 2013 and a lot fell out then but everything is great now. My nails grow long fast but they are not very strong. 

Now onto the belly shots. These are current. I took them while writing this.

 As you can see I have a pooch. I don't like it but there is not much I can do about it. right now
From the side. Yes, that is the top of my bum. No, that is not my cooch. That is the bottom of my skin pooch lol

Anyways this has been my update. I will be doing a post specifically about how I keep my hair and nails healthy. So, stay tuned for that. 

Have an awesome day. Leave any questions below. Stay beautiful. Stay healthy. Stay you.

XOXO- Bethany 

No comments:

Post a Comment